Cool Stuff

Cool Stuff From a Love of Motherhood, Scrapbooking, & Decor

Friday, October 1, 2010



I think this is my new favorite layout for the year. The springboard Challenge was "pair an older product with fresh finds." I have jars and jars of buttons, I just don't use them much any more there's so many other cool embellishments out there. But I do like them, so I pulled them out. I also got out those little pink-headed safety pins that I got like 6 years ago and used once, I think. I paired those with the Prima flowers and the K & Company Que Sera Sera paper line as well as the Martha Stewart butterfly punch.

Silly ~ "Silly is probably not the first word people would think of to describe Chrislyn. She often sports a serious look and she's fairly analytical. But she can be silly and she loves to laugh. You just have to put some effort into it. She's more discerning in the dispensing of her hilarity."


Challenge: start with a number

10 Little Quirks: "You love pockets. * You like to play with someone all the time. * You don't like to go to sleep. * You love to watch and learn and analyze. * You love to antagonize the cat. * You don't really care to watch TV. * You have an earsplitting shriek and you use it often. * You take your barrettes out every time you're in the car. * You like to eat off of other people's plates. * You are shockingly coherent for someone to little."


Challenge: use silly pictures

Silly "Zaavan is such a wonderfully silly boy. He is so much fun. This little guy just cracks us up all the time. What a joy he is!"


Bath Time ~ " Z & C both love baths. They love any excuse to play in water. They love getting out the ducks and sea creature water squirters. They love to splash. But they do not enjoy having their hair washed. If they hold their heads back, it can be done sans tears, which is better for everyone involved. When they get out, we wrap them in a big towel and give them a squeeze."

I think the above layout finished off my Crate Paper Orbit Collection, which I totally loved. It was such a fun line and perfect for my boy pages.


Challenge: use a product in a way you never have before. I used yarn as a photo border.

Certainty: "There aren't a lot of certainties in life, probably even less in a toddler's life. Sure, Dad and Mom always love them, but they're not always in the best mood and sometimes they need to dole out spankings. But Bear and Mr. Bunns they are constant companions. They never require anything and they are always there to provide comfort and reassurance. Nearly ever time Zaavan gets punished, one can hear him wail, "Bear!" as if that's all he needs to feel better. It makes me happy to see my kids so comforted."



Toddlers in the House: "1. There's constantly toys underfoot. 2. There are always cheerios on the floor. 3. There are constant bumps and falls and the resulting tears. 4. There's frequent fighting and screeching. 5. They're kissing each other one minute and pushing the other off a chair the next. 6. We're up at the crack of dawn and wiped by early evening. 7. They cram 50 different emotions into 1 afternoon. 8. They have so much energy sometimes they run around in circles just to dispel it. 9. They ask questions all day long. 10. They're a whole lot of fun!"


1 comment: