Cool Stuff

Cool Stuff From a Love of Motherhood, Scrapbooking, & Decor

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cozy Stuff


I've been seeing a lot of cozy buys in magazines lately as the cold weather draws around us. I just love these Jenny Scuff Slippers. I saw them in BH&G in heather grey (which I couldn't find anywhere, so I guess they sold out). I suppose the Chocolate would do. They look so comfy and living in NY with all-wood floors, slippers are a MUST. My in-laws bought me a wonderful pair of Land's End suede slippers last Christmas (was it only last Christmas?) and they are almost too worn already I've used them so much. But I don't know that I can get a NEW pair of $50ish slippers every year, so I'm going to need to find some that retain their structure really well. I like slippers with rubber on the bottom so that I can wear them to grab the mail or to just sit out on the porch (but not to shuffle to the grocery store).

Whenever I start getting the fall L. L. Bean catalogues every year, I get a recurring jones for the Vintage Flannel Nightgown. I can't even explain this serious desire I have for one of these things. So far, I have resisted because, well, I don't wear lengthy, warm, possibly frumpy nightgowns. But I WANT one of these! I'm sure there's some sort of psychosis that goes along with this. Maybe it's my attachment to memories of my mother wearing similar gowns or maybe it reminds me of cozy nights in the Laura Ingalls Wilder books or maybe it just reminds me of burrowing in during cold and snowy nights feeling all safe and cozy. I don't know. One of these days, I may have to give it a whirl.

I started getting this catalogue called Title Nine a while ago. Undoubtably one of my magazines sold my info, but it does have some nice things to look at so I don't mind too much. Granted, they seem a mite confused about what should constitute an XL size, but... I found this Ibex Stowe Satchel on the pages of the Title Nine catalogue and I LOVE it! I would love to own this cozy-looking, yet sturdy-appearing flannel bag.

3 comments:

  1. I would pay good money to see you shuffle to the grovery store in a pair of house slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I LOVE your flannel "nighty" (that's what my Grandma calls them) sentiments. I feel very much the same way. There is something SOOOO appealing about them, but I think my hubby would throw me out of bed if I tried to crawl in with one on! LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete