Cool Stuff

Cool Stuff From a Love of Motherhood, Scrapbooking, & Decor

Monday, October 11, 2010




We finally have all our fall outside decor "up". We put gourds in the window boxes of all four front-facing windows. This year, my husband doctored two-by-fours with long nails poking up on which to stick the gourds. I got a bunch of big gourds, so they're all viewable from the road. It looks great and we can reuse the boards yearly. I also got a bunch of pumpkins, gourds and a couple of mums for the front steps. The little pumpkin pictured to the left was just so adorable. I loved the curlies on the stem. Unfortunately, it was the perfect size for my 20-month-old daughter to pick up and there went the cute stem--she popped it right off before I could stop her from carrying it by the stem.

I recently bought a vintage metal owl lantern off ebay. It holds a little votive candle. Then, I found a newer house lantern at Our Olde Barn. I'm thinking I may start a collection. They're neat hanging from the edge of the roof of our old front porch.




2 comments:

  1. love it! the lantern is pretty sweet too. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh! yeah...for some reason it wouldn't let me comment before...now it is. so..now i'm gonna go back and comment on your stuff. woot!

    ReplyDelete