Cool Stuff

Cool Stuff From a Love of Motherhood, Scrapbooking, & Decor

Friday, October 8, 2010

Dresser Re-Do Completed!



So, my dresser is finally done. I bought this vintage Sears dresser at Our Olde Barn antique store. It was $38. It had a bullet hole that went through the top of the bottom drawer and out the side wall of the dresser. I effectively patched both areas; you couldn't even tell by looking that anything had ever been amiss. I looked on ebay for glass drawer pulls. I bid on about two dozen auctions for vintage glass drawer knobs before I got a deal -- $10/6 pulls (2 small and 4 larger, which was perfect for this dresser). I soaked them in toilet bowl cleaner until all the rust was gone from the insides. Then, I got new hardware and viola! I'm really pleased with the look I achieved. The color was chosen to complement the shades of paint we are using in our bedroom. We are not using ostentatious colors so this will provide a pop of color. So nice to be finished with even just one of my many furniture projects!

3 comments: