Cool Stuff

Cool Stuff From a Love of Motherhood, Scrapbooking, & Decor

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cool Stuff For Kids

I've seen a lot of cool kids' gift ideas lately.Many you could find on Amazon. I love the little animal backpacks. The Wooden Memory Game looks nice and would definitely last longer than playing cards ad the Unforgettable Memory Game is cool too. I'm really into Plan Toys wooden games like theBalancing Cactus (below, left). Plan Toys' Modern Doll Family (below, right) would be a sweet Barbie alternative(and, of course, there are loads of accessories that can go with them).
I like the Animals in the Alphabet Puzzle for it's beautiful watercolor-like pictures. The Alphabeasties flashcards and book (right) are great, especially if you are a parent who is into type (like my husband, the graphic designer). [FYI: The Land of Nod is currently offering free shipping on many of their children's toys.]

The Land of Nod has great kids' room rugs like the Color Wheel Rug (left) and the Round & Round Rug, which I think is the coolest rug I've ever seen.

For this Christmas, I'd really like my three-year-old son to have a play mat for his cars. I like this one on Amazon because it folds into a carrier tote. We'd like to start taking our kids camping this coming year so I'd also like them to have sleeping bags. The Eureka Grasshopper bags got lots of top notch ratings and they look great. I'd also like my son to have some Charlie & Lola DVDs lik
e the complete season three and a Word Girl DVD (because I think it's funny). I think he would also like Wood Stacking Robots (right), a Melissa and Doug Sorting Clock, and a whole slew of books like Actual Size by Steve Jenkins, Hickory Dickory Dock by Keith Baker, Good Thing You're Not an Octopus by Julie Markes, Big Words for Little People by Jamie Lee Curtis, and the Tickle Monster Laughter Kit by Josie Bissett. We'll see what he gets. The Grands usually pick a thing or two off his wishlist, so he's bound to get something pre-approved!

1 comment: