Cool Stuff

Cool Stuff From a Love of Motherhood, Scrapbooking, & Decor

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stuck...Or Not?


I feel a bit stuck, scrapbooking-wise. I do challenges weekly with a friend and I'm always designing and executing new pages, but I feel like I've been doing the same style for so long and that it's boring. I don't know how to break out of doing the same old thing. And I'm not sure how much of it is a rut and how much is just how I THINK--my style. I'm a linear thinker, which is obvious in my scrapbooking--it's almost all linear. I like things lined up, straight, orderly. Do I need to change if I'm almost always doing the same thing? And HOW does one DO that? I LIKE other styles when I see them. I WISH I could design like that, but even when I try, it's like my brain doesn't DO that and in order to accomplish something different I need to almost exclusively scraplift. Should I just take my linear style and run with it--do all my linear layouts that come easily to me or try to challenge myself to do something completely different even though it's hard and takes SO much longer?

2 comments:

  1. i think part of being creative and "designing" is doing something that's yours. you know, that's what makes it you. that's why people like what YOU do...because no-one can do it like you. i love your stuff d. if you look back over the years...you have grown and improved too. i think maybe in the future we should try some layering and other stuff that's not really "our thing" (ie: the self portrait)...it would be good for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are in albums. My pictures are still on the memory card, or worse yet, not taken at all. Scrap away, my dear linear friend. There will probably be a day when you don't have time to do so much and you will be glad that you did what comes to you naturally and got the most done that you could in the quickest way that still looks great.

    ReplyDelete