Cool Stuff

Cool Stuff From a Love of Motherhood, Scrapbooking, & Decor

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Scrapbook Albums



I make a yearly scrapbook of my family's goings-on in addition to whatever little projects I do. This scrapbook does not span the traditional year, but rather I make them in years from my wedding anniversary. Over the years, it has become increasingly difficult to fit all the pages I do into one post-bound book and I end up having two books/year. Although I find post-bound books far easier to use than strap books, it still is rather annoying when I need to add a page into the middle. A friend was asking me yesterday how I house my pages, because these other methods have gotten old. But now, I've found D-Ring albums and that solves a lot of the problems. I prefer Pioneer brand albums because they consistently fit my 12x12 pages (so many albums/page protectors don't and I end up having to trim my pages to get them into the album, which I do NOT LIKE). With D-Ring albums, I can add more pages AND I can add pages without removing any of the others (you may like this too, if, like me, you don't scrap chronologically). Joann Fabrics often has their albums on sale, but D-Rings can also be purchased at Amazon.

A couple of caveats with the D-Ring album: one is that they ARE bulky. That doesn't bother me too much, but if you like to keep your scrapbooks more compact, it may be a problem for you. The other thing is that, if you do a lot of two-page layouts (like I do), you're gonna have like a 2" space between them due to the rings. With the postbound albums, the pages flow together a lot nicer.

2 comments:

  1. I do chronological albums from wedding anniversary-wedding anniversary too! Just don't ask me how far behind I am :-). I did a D ring one year, but thought the particular brand I got was too huge to hold on your lap for easy reading, so I went back to post. ~ Maybe I should check out Pioneer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they ARE bulky, that is true. I just prefer that to the annoyance of dealing with inserting pages into a postbound album. Pioneer also does D-Ring albums with a box side (you can find these on amazon by searching for d-ring album pioneer) and I have one of those that hosts Chrislyn's baby book. It's pretty heavy too, but it's all nice and contained.

    ReplyDelete