Cool Stuff

Cool Stuff From a Love of Motherhood, Scrapbooking, & Decor

Monday, September 20, 2010

Insulators


My in-laws were here this weekend and my father-in-law had a serious jones for the old abandoned insulators one sees around here. So, he went out with my husband and they happened to find a bunch of downed ones. I have to admit, they're pretty cool. I got a wooden beam from a power line with 4 insulators screwed onto it in addition to a bunch of individual ones. I'd like to display them, but I'm not sure how. My mother-in-law is trying to find a way to turn some of theirs into lamps. I've seen a couple of uses on the web, but I'm not attracted to any of them. What to do...

3 comments:

  1. What about door stops? Or could you somehow mount them to the wall, and use them as hooks (for hangars?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I have a post from the electric pole with 4 screwed in already and that I'm going to hang on the wall and display as is (a cool piece of vintage americana). But then, we have a bunch of these individual ones...

    ReplyDelete