Cool Stuff

Cool Stuff From a Love of Motherhood, Scrapbooking, & Decor

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall Decor





Bought a bunch of Gourds at the Garlic Festival this past weekend. I also found a great vintage two-tier serving platter with 22K gold splatter accents on it for $4 at an antique store. Love it! So, I put a bunch of little pumpkins and gourds on it. I'm currently using it as a centerpiece (I moved the flowers off the table). Last year, we set big gourds in the window flower boxes of the four front-facing upstairs windows. But they kept falling down in the wind and whatnot, so this year, I'd like to put them there on boards with nails poking up so they can be held firmly in place.

The October Martha Stewart has great pumpkin carving ideas, as usual (as seen below). I love the carvings that don't go through the pumpkin, but scrape the top layer so the light shows through. I think I'll try something like that this year.




1 comment:

  1. Love your gourd centerpiece! Sounds like a great idea to use a nail board for your flower boxes. I bet that looks adorable.- EVERY year, I see Martha's pumpkin carving ideas, and I'm all inspired, but I have YET to try one. Love that wood grain though...you'll have to take pic if you give it a go! - Oh, and btw., that was too funny about the memory you have of my painting my nails in CO! Isn't it funny the things that stay in our memory banks and pop up out of nowhere? Yet we can't remember where we put our keys down, right?! Enjoy your evening...

    ReplyDelete